Brain Buddy focuses on establishing activities and programs whereby aphasia patients can team up to work together on learning/communication skills and gain increased independence through team outings. Brain Buddy’s programs support its participants by:
- Providing orientation and training on existing technology and tools specific to learning reinforcement and communication
- Encouraging independence and greater interaction with the worlds by creating opportunities for exposure to a wider range of experiences
- Reducing isolation and develop a wider social network
- Providing respite for spouses/caregivers
- Educating and sharing aphasia patients on life skills training such as safety, traveling, shopping, etc.
- Sharing and celebrating the stories and triumphs of members